Saturday, August 29, 2009


Changing my avatar appearance was a challenge. The standard avatar was nothing like me. This was a problem because when I create a character in any game. I like it to look like me. As soon as I learned how to change my Appearance, I was up to the task. At first I could not get the avatar to look like me. The hair style did not want to change. I did not know how to put on different clothes. However, I was able to change how tall and fat the avatar looked. I went home and search for new clothes, skin, and any other thing that I could get for free. I found some good staff. However, I did not know how to put the goodies I found on. It took me a few hours to figure it out, but by time I came to my next class, I knew how to utilize all the goodies I had. The first thing I changed about my appearance, after I had the Knowledge of how to, was my skin color. I do not want to offend anyone, but it is not difficult to notice that I am brown. The next thing I changed was my hair style. It still needs some more work, but it looks more similar to mine than the default did. To finish the customization of my avatar, I put on it some clothes that I thought were my style. The avatar is wearing a brown leather jacket, a black T-shirt, dark brown jeans, and a pair of dress tennis shoes. I still not happy about my appearance, but because second life has been a learning experience since the first day I accessed it and Changing my avatar appearance has been a learning process. I expect to learn more about changing my appearance and navigating on second life.

No comments:

Post a Comment